Monday, January 25, 2010

sick of sick


Poor guy got the flu. Then a few rainy days of being better and he got a cold. (Started by Grace and passed right on to Luke and myself.)

Did I mention the rain has been crazy!? I know, I'm a California girl, I guess... we're not used to so many back to back storms. I like the sunshine. I like a storm and then a few days of sun to revive. It's a pattern that makes me happy. Nonstop rain is not making me so happy.

I could learn a thing or two from my little man. Luke decided (between storms) to go out and get a little wet and make our world a brighter place. I enjoy looking out the window at his creation. Maybe tomorrow we'll go out and add a sun and maybe some flowers.


And here's what I've decided to do to break up my days a bit -- post here on my blog every day of this week. This is a bit crazy of me, I know. Don't fall over in your desk chair! I've gotten a bit relaxed here on my blog. My thinking was that I have so much I want and need to do that I should cut out the extras, don't spend so much time on things like a blog. But now it feels like coming here might add something that is needed; creativity, accomplishment, maybe clean the cobwebs from my rainy day brain, and the practice of setting a goal and getting to the other side of it. I know, I over think things. It's only a week... shouldn't be too hard.

Leave me a comment if you so desire :) Then I'll know I'm not talking to myself (although that wouldn't be anything new!)

3 comments:

Patty T said...

I hear ya on the rainy day attitude. I'm struggling with it. I have good intentions of getting things done and end up sitting around wanting to take a nap! The kids are bouncing off the walls by 6pm! Looking forward to more sunshine, and Dolley posting. It's been a bit quiet lately! Just sayin'...

Molly said...

i'm sick of the sick too! and of the rain.

Cravinchoc said...

Love your posts. But no pressure to post daily. I'm with you...so much to do, who has time to "waste" on the computer. But here I am... :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin