Tuesday, February 2, 2010

blue skies and fevers

This weekend was beautiful.  Just take a look...


And even though I've had a boy with a fever for the last six days, we decided to take advantage of the sunshine and fresh air.  One can only be cooped up for so long!!


Jerry was working, but my mom and I packed a lunch and the kids and headed over to our old school where we had the run of things.  Hiked a short nature trail, played soccer on the ball wall, basketball, froggie catch, four corners and "state testing" (a game we divised on a map painted on the playground.)  Then we came home and both of the boys napped.  Perfect.



Cole is missing his fifth day of school today!!  But I'm hopeful for tomorrow.  And I'm happy we've had a break from all the rain to get some fresh air.  I can feel the promise of Spring in the air... (shhhhhh.)


********************************
One a side note, it feels good to be back here on my blog on a more regular basis.  Like a breath of fresh air :)


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Patty T said...

I'll have to remember to go over there when we're needing an outing! And yes, I'm LOVING the sunshine as well...for today anyway. Tomorrow might be another story, a rainy story.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin