My mom and I took the kids to the dog sled races this weekend (about 45 mins. away.) It was a fun little adventure. (Why is it that these things we think our kids will find extremely fascinating are really only fascinating to us??) Anyways... great opportunity to practice my photography combined with snow and fast action skills (I'm so technical.)
AND they're not all huskies. Who knew that? I didn't know.
We ran into some neighbor friends and the kids even got to head down the trail and burn off some energy (they were so tired by the time we got home ;) ((OK, I was too!!!))
And what about Luke, you ask? Of course he scowled at me and yelled at me that he wanted to go home, but I knew he didn't REALLY want to go. OK, maybe he did. Little Lukie... so cute!
That same night, the boys and I watched the movie Eight Below. Man, that was an intense movie at times. And I've seen it before, but I forgot! That movie will make you love and respect sled dogs for the job they do. I cried. Cole and I liked it, and we're still talking about it (Luke fell asleep.) It takes a lot of energy to be so cranky with mommy!
I'm glad we got a chance to enjoy some snow this weekend -- it's supposed to be 70ish this week where we live. Now we're enjoying some sun!!




1 comment:
I love the look on his face. I see Jerry...hmmmmmmm...how cranky does Jerry get? :)
Post a Comment