We packed up the tent trailer and headed back up the hill to Lake Tahoe for Father's Day weekend.
Summer...
Camping...
Beaches...
Staying up...
Sleeping in...
Summer is starting to get it's groove on. And I'm learning to ignore the heat. Actually, the Tahoe area was perfect. I love that 70 degree weather, and now I'm wishing we could go back!
Several people mentioned to me how camping is so much work. First, the kids love it. It really doesn't feel like that much work. Second, it's a total mental break for me. I don't mind setting up and breaking down camp. I don't mind the "work" that comes with camping. (And yes, my husband does a lot - I know I am spoiled.) But I love the break from feeling like there's so much I "need" to do at home. All we have to worry about is where we should go and what we should do. A vacation from our normal life. I need that. Not a vacation from my family, just a vacation from the usual.
I saw this sign in a shop and I like it. I've been thinking about it. Maybe you would like to think about it, too.
Just Be.
1 comment:
Camping is a lot of work, but so much fun! Now to just get Chris to help out a little more...that's why he gets stuck emptying the crapper! I do most everything else(beyond starting the campfire and unloading the bikes)so I think that is only fair. He has little fits the whole time. I have to stay in the truck or I start cracking up and he gets mad at me.
Post a Comment