Thursday, February 17, 2011

a new rhythm

There's a new man in my life...  he's actually my cousin.  This little guy makes me smile and gives me baby loves a couple times a week.  It's a new rhythm to my days and to my weeks.  It means more Daddy and Lukey time while I'm gone.  And sometimes it means that Luke gets to be the big kid to his baby cousin.
This change has been a blessing in so many ways.  Sometimes I dig my heels in and resist change.  But I'm always pleasantly surprised when change is like a fresh breath of air.  And I'm sure as I become comfortable in our new routine that it will change again.  For now I'll enjoy these times and moments.
Something else I'm trying that's new to me is Project Life (aka, Project 365.)  A photo for every day - for a year.  It's been a good challenge and pushed me out of my comfort zone (as far as photography goes.)  It's also forcing me to pick up my camera more and focus on my family photography more.  Because it's documenting our life for one year, I find that I have a LOT more pictures of what we are doing than what I normally would have.  One other little thing... I've already skipped days (and it's only February!)  But I think that's OK, too.  I'll give myself some room and a little bit of grace.  Because it's the only way to live, really.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin