Wednesday, February 23, 2011

snow

Last month we took the kids up to the snow. We live close, so that's a plus. Then we had crazy warm weather where my little Luke wasn't the only one running around in shorts. THEN last weekend, we woke up to a dusting of snow (1/2 inch maybe). Enough to keep the boys playing outside for an hour or so (before they ever ate breakfast.)  These shots of the snow are not from our house, by the way!

And now the weather forecast is calling for low snow later this week. This is our crazy weather here in Northern California. The kids begging to swim one day and a dusting of snow the next.

I'm not a winter kind of girl... I'm a spring and fall kind of girl.  Summer tends to make me hot and cranky.  But I'm trying to see the good in all seasons and love them the same.  So I'm torn... the kids are dying for more snow.  They want a snow day and sledding down our driveway and building snowmen with their friends.  And I sort of want that 70ish weather to come back and open the windows and enjoy the flowers.   But then it's not up to me, is it?  I'll take what we get and be happy with anything. 

Making the best of what life has to offer... that's what I'm going to do.  And hopefully it's what I'll teach my kids to do, too.  Enjoy your day!  (Whatever it may bring.)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin