Friday, May 20, 2011

field trips, laundry and stuff

Hi, friends.  It's been a long stretch since I said hello.  I could tell you how I'm busy, blah, blah, blah.... but isn't everyone?

According to the calendar, summer vacation is almost here.  Field trips, yearbooks and fundraisers are wrapping up.  And I, for one, am ready for a change.  The weather can't decide if it's ready for summer, or not.  I'm OK with that.  Summer is long and hot and I can wait a little longer for hot sweaty days.
Grace's living history field trip has me thankful for a few small conveniences...

But I have to say that I loved our visit to the Bernhard Museum.  I have a small obsession with Little House on the Prairie, Anne of Green Gables, Little Women, and more recently, a series of Amish books.  Period books and movies are high on my list and it was plain old fun to pretend that I lived back in the 1800's.

My job at the museum was laundry... and I'm very grateful for modern laundry conveniences!  Drying my clothes on the line is one thing, but a washboard is something entirely different.  I have a whole new appreciation for my washer and dryer! 





 

Next week, IMAX theater... there's a contrast for you!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin