Tuesday, April 19, 2011

keeping my eyes on Him

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,

neither are your ways my ways,”

declares the LORD.

 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,

so are my ways higher than your ways

and my thoughts than your thoughts."


While out on a run with my sweet dog, Woody, I had a very profound thought.  Sometimes if I'm running on a trail or in the canyon, I realize I miss all the beautiful scenery around me.  I'm so focused on my footing and not tripping over a tree root or a rock that I miss the big picture.  If I stop to walk, I can look up and look around.  The view is breathtaking... the river below and the Sierra's in the distance.  The canyon is full of wildflowers right now and everything is green and blooming.

We do this in life, too.  Sometimes I get so caught up in the daily stuff that I forget to lift my head to see the view.  Even in times when I can't begin to understand what the Lord is doing, I need to look up and keep my eyes on him.  The view seems a little clearer if I keep my eyes on Him.

Taken from 'Jesus Calling' by Sarah Young:
COME TO ME with all your weaknesses: physical, emotional and spiritual.  Rest in the comfort of My Presence, remembering that nothing is impossible with Me. 

Pry your mind away from your problems so you can focus your attention on Me.  Recall that I am able to do immeasurably more than all you ask or imagine.  Instead of trying to direct Me to do this and that, seek to attune yourself to what I am already doing.

When anxiety attempts to wedge its way into your thoughts, remind yourself that I am your Shepherd.  The bottom line is that I am taking care of you; therefore, you needn't be afraid of anything.  Rather than trying to maintain control over your life, abandon yourself to My Will.  Though this may feel frightening - even dangerous, the safest place to be is in My will.

(Luke 1:37; Ephesians 3:20-21; Psalm 23:1-4)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks marjorie. needed that one! :) xo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin