Wednesday, June 22, 2011

the best part

Our neighborhood crew... too quickly all the kids in our lives are growing up and getting bigger.  I love when I can capture a moment that we can look back and remember those good times.  And I also love that we live in a neighborhood where you would expect to see a lemonade stand; people stop or walk over to buy a glass of lemon or limeade (and give generously, too!)

Things don't always go smoothly or as planned when you're talking about kids (this I've come to expect.)  But I think in the end, they will remember the good times and the memories of a well lived childhood.  And moms and dads who did their best to find cups, make juice, break-up fights and clean up the messes.

When we go on vacation I sometimes think, why did we bother?  Can my three children go 10 minutes without fighting?  Should I buy everyone a handheld video game so they will be good in the car? (a fleeting thought...)  But, no... then we have golden moments of laughter and imaginative games, quiet and listening and fun.  And when we get home I remember the best parts and the worst parts seem to drift off into space, leaving me with the yearning to go again.  I look back at my photos and smile because it was perfect.

And so it is with my kids and their friends; I hope they remember all the best parts and the rest just melts away.  I think we'll all look back and laugh and long for these endless days to come back to us. 


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin