Look who has so much time on her hand that she's taking pictures of her food now...
I've actually been sick with a bad cold since the second day of school. It's not how I pictured my days, but I'm thankful for the opportunity to "be sick." When was the last time I could allow myself to rest all day (ten years ago?) They say that one should "feed a cold" (the only part I like about having a cold!)
Finally our garden has kicked into gear. It's sure been a nice and mild summer, but the tomatoes sure don't appreciate this weather! As I look over on my counter, I finally have more tomatoes than I know what to do with.
This years garden has held a couple surprises for us. The first is volunteer pumpkins. It's been a fun treat for the kids. It's two less pumpkins that we'll have to buy!
And the second is Luke's watermelon plant... it's huge! Every day he counts his watermelons. "The King" watermelon is almost ready to harvest, I think. It's amazing at how much joy comes from growing some of your own food. We could drive down to the store and buy a watermelon, but it's much more fun to wait and watch the ones in our garden.




No comments:
Post a Comment