Three field trips since school started (just 2 months ago.) Three kids in school... it's still weird. But I can get used to weird. I've got an entire schedule mapped out for each day of the week (complete with free time penciled into my mental calendar.) Here's something I've learned about myself... I don't do well with too much free time. I'm a procrastinator and work better under a time limit (there, I said it.) Summer vacation is nice, but I'm always happy to embrace the school schedule, the cooler weather and believe it or not, I think I get more done with less free time. If I have too much time, I just might find a book and curl up for a good read. Oh, I love to do that.... But I have to limit myself.
My latest time-killer is Pinterest ("Google" it) and before that it was Facebook (still eats up some of my time, but I'm much more aware of how much time and energy that I spend there.) Words With Friends (iPhone game) -- obsess much? I do, that I know for sure. Right now I'm obsessed with making my house look and reflect our family and our values (and what I think looks "cool", of course). I'm certain that I'm going to have to get my butt off of Pinterest and possibly make some time for some of these projects I have in mind. Needing to find some balance in my every day.
Our time, our energy, our kids, bible study, field trips, volunteering, youth group, sports, to read a novel or not to read, exercise, TV, caramel and apple donuts... it's all about balance, I suppose.




No comments:
Post a Comment