Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Chicken Marsala by jd

Here's my chicken Marsala recipe..

Mis en Place:

1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
1/4 salt (can be omitted if you're sodium conscious)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon fresh basil
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup Marsala wine
3 tablespoons EVOO
1 cup sliced baby portobella
or white mushrooms

Alright. Start warming 1.5 of the 3 T EVOO in a pan and get it going. Pound chicken to 1/3 to 1/4" thickness. Combine flour, black pepper, salt, and garlic power in a bowl and mix. Coat chicken with mixture thoroughly, and lay in pan with EVOO.Oh yeah. Love that stuff! Turn after 3-4 minutes with a nice browning. Do both sides up nicely, and remove to a bowl. Stick it somewhere where it won't get exceptionally cold.Toss in the last 1.5 T of EVOO to the somewhat-hot pan. Add mushrooms. I know I said 1 cup, but I will look at 1 cup and think, wow, I could use some more mushrooms, here, and add a few more. No real effect on the recipe as far as I know. Top the 'shrooms with the onion powder and fresh chopped basil. Stir it up to mix. Saute for a bit, until the mushrooms shrink a little. Add Marsala wine and chicken broth. We should still be at medium-low heat. Let that go for a few minutes, and put the chicken back in there and cover. If that's too juicy for you, add some cornstarch to thicken it up. Let it go at medium low for 15 mins, then reduce to LOW heat for about 45 mins. It should be ready anytime you're ready for dinner. We like to pair this with garlic mash potatoes and fresh bread, or even garlic bread. The photo above shows it with grilled zucchini and some red of course!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin