So last winter I got a bug. One of the boys at the FD (Andy) got me hooked on growing my own vegies. We were pretty successful at growing broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, a few varieties of lettuce and a few other things.
Well, this summer we kicked it up a notch. 5 different tomatoes, lemon and english cucumbers, zucchini, crook neck squash, a few types of peppers, soy beans, watermelons, cantaloupe and I am sure I missed something. Oh yeah, carrots - which were all eaten before they every got 6 in long.
Above is a picture of Marjorie's childhood bed frame that I turned into a raised bed. Its now full of spinich, 3 types of lettuce, soy beans and pumpkins (by accident.)
It's one of the first things I do each morning when I get home from the FD. We have turned into vegi snobs. Can't do those store vegies any more.
So my suggestion is for everyone to throw together some raised beds and get planting! Thanks, Andy!




2 comments:
Okay, JD, you are giving Martha Stewart a run for the money....Marjorie's childhood bed is now a vegetable garden. You must submit your idea and photo to some magazine. You guys and your creativity are going to make millions....either that or just have a really cute house. Great job!
It was hard to give up my bed... but it was just rotting in the garage anyways. At least we can enjoy it now :)
Post a Comment