Our big trip this summer was to Santa Cruz with the children. And although I realized as an adult, I'm not a big fan of S.C., we did have a great time. Jerry and I both love the beach and dream that someday we could have a beach house somewhere. So, of course we are thrilled that all of our babes love the beach (what kid doesn't?) We went on long walks, played on the beach, walked the wharf and of course we hit the rides, too. But Cole's favorite memory goes something like this...
Cole: Hey, remember in Santa Cruz we watched Scooby Doo?
Mom: Ya, was that fun?
Cole: Ya, I like Scooby Doo.... Can we go back to Santa Cruz and watch Scooby Doo again?
Cole was thrilled every time we went back to the hotel and the TV was still playing Scooby Doo. Apparently
the cartoon channel was playing a marathon of S.D. oh, goody.
We also stopped by Capitola - a beautiful town and beach. Our trip was a nice way to forget all our troubles and take some time before school started up and life got back into full swing.
And on our way home we decided to take a detour and hit the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Jerry and I hadn't been there since we had kids. Everyone loved it. Cole was really impressed with the sharks. Real live sharks... up close!




6 comments:
Love the pictures!!! I hope you do get your beach dream house some day...so I can visit!!
LOVE YOU!!!
Ahh, I remember the first time Evan and Amanda experienced cable when we had our first trip to Disneyland in 2005. Makes me want to cry! They grow up so fast. Cute pictures! Off to tend to my hurt kiddo! PT
Lorna, yes... or that house in Maine. Jerry still has that bee in his bonnet. :)
Patty,
I heard about Amanda. Give her our love. I hope she is feeling better soon. It's always the coffee table...
Great photos! The kids are getting so big-can't wait to see everyone this weekend!!
I would have to agree, Capitola is a great little town. I would prefer you guys bought a beach house there.
Here is a place I discovered today
http://www.gomendo.com/showrecord.asp?id=56
The coast and wine…thought it might be right up your ally
Hopefully we can explore soon.
Okay, your pictures are BEAUTIFUL. You are getting better and better at photography, Marjorie. And they layout rocks. Can I hire you for family photos?
Loved the update on your summer vacation. Very cute. I can relate to the Scooby Doo story.
Much love to all! Marybeth, Tony & Crew xox
Nicole,
Anything involving the coast and wine in the same sentence sounds right up our ally. Can't wait to see you guys and baby Liam this weekend!
MB,
So nice to hear from you. You know I would take pictures of your fam any time. I love it... you are too kind, but I do love it. I bet your children are getting so big and grown up. We missed you at the Big Guy/Little Guy party!
Post a Comment