Wednesday, September 12, 2007

There is a season...

Turn, turn, turn... I can't believe all the changes in my children lately. First, lets start with Cole - because he started preschool this week! The big boy just went right in, found his spot on the rug and sat like a statue. When I whispered in his ear that I was leaving and I would be back to pick him up he didn't even flinch. (Or say goodbye, or give me hugs and kisses.) So, we left (me, Jer, & Luke.) I when I came back to pick him up he was all fired up! He poured his own juice at snack time - and he didn't spill like the other kid. And he played blocks with the girl in the pink shirt. Oh, and he went to the playground (they have to cross the parking lot to get to it) and they had to look both ways. big boy. Not to mention that he is singing the alphabet song now and singing other things around the house, too. singing for goodness sakes!! My Cole does not sing. He doesn't like music and he's always been too shy to sing even in front of us. And just check out the tree he figured out how to climb in our front yard. I would say he is making some big changes.


Then there is Luke, who has figured out how to climb out of his bed and does it repeatedly in the middle of the night. So, I wake up with Luke standing next to my bed at 2 am. "Hi, mama." Plus he went number 2 on the potty last week! (It only happened once and not again, but a girl can dream..)

And my big 6 year old Grace is getting phone calls from her friend at school. Then she wants the portable phone so she can escape to her top bunk away from her brothers to talk on the phone. (I don't even think they are really talking to tell you the truth!)

So, is it because Fall is in the air? Are your children making big changes, too? It's very exciting.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin