I love weddings - especially family weddings or of people that I know... Have you ever been to a wedding where you really don't know the bride or the groom? It's quite uncomfortable. I have been to a couple - fire department, mainly. Where you know the bride just looked at you and was probably thinking, "who is that?" But she smiles politely and you are thinking "I feel stupid... thanks for the chicken cordon bleu."
Earlier this month we had the honor of attending my cousin, Cirby's wedding. Well, technically she's not really my cousin... but this is my cousin Jennifer and she is Cirby's older sister. Is this making any sense? Oh, well - it doesn't really matter. We are cousins in our hearts!
This is my beautiful cousin, Jen and her little man, Toby. I loooove Toby and want to eat him up whenever I see him. For some reason, he's not feeling the love, yet. It's OK, Tobe - I can wait. Oh, and I love those converse!
Here is my gorgeous cousin, Cirby and her handsome man, Allen.
There is another reason I like weddings. We don't usually bring our children. So, it's a nice excuse to go out and act like adults. And it's a wonderful opportunity to practice my photography skills.
Introducing Mr. & Mrs. Allen Chitty. (As in chitty-chitty bang bang... love you, Cirb!)Nelson, Jen and Toby - cute family :) Who do you think he looks like? I say he looks like Jen. If you have a different opinion, I really don't want to hear it. hee, hee...
How about those Red Sox, Nelson. *grin*

Most wedding ceremonies include the scripture from 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
This verse is always very humbling to me, and a great reminder at times. Another good reason to go to weddings...





2 comments:
Love the chicken cordon bleu comment! Funny! Great photos too...
you got some great shots! bravo. ;)
Post a Comment