Sunday, October 21, 2007

Second Childhood

Maybe it's because I didn't do these things as a child that I am now obsessed. I try to get Grace involved and creating, (because it's all for her) but somehow I'm the one who always finishes the projects. The thing is, I enjoy it... is that weird? That I love to make potholders on the weaving loom I bought at a rummage sale for my then 5 year old daughter. I never did make potholders on a weaving loom as a child. I did take sewing lessons, and those didn't go so well. That's a story for another time....

I did a pretty good job on my potholders, too. I can't decide who to give them to... or maybe I should save my handiwork for myself. And look, you can make a dog jacket!! Or a pocketbook! And even a book cover. Wouldn't that be fashionable in high school? Anyone want a weaved scarf for Christmas!?

Soon, I am going to learn to crochet. Then I will graduate from "weaved" potholders to crochet potholders. Woo-hoo!! My grandma also gave me her old sewing machine. The possibilities are endless... as long as I don't have to sew a button! (Right, Granny?)

4 comments:

Molly said...

Better late than never! We'll have to schedule some time to hook.

Grace and Aria said...

Molly,
Yes, please!

Molly said...

Oh, and Aidan said he would like a woven scarf!

Anonymous said...

Now I have the urge to make one of these pot holders!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin