Sometime last week, I was having a bad afternoon/evening. Don't ask me why. It had something to do with Thing 1, Thing 2 & Thing 3. I can't even remember the events of the day that lead up to my tears while unloading my dishwasher. But there I was, sorting spoons, knifes and forks with big salty tears running down my face.... when there was a knock at the door. I just knew it was my mama. I didn't know she was stopping by, but I just knew it was her.
By the way, Jerry wasn't due to be home until really late.
When I answered the door, she knew.
Mom: What's wrong?
Me: Nothing. I'm just tired.
Mom: Well, of course your tired, you have three kids. Okay, what do we need to do? What needs to be done? (This is seriously what she said. Don't you love her!?)
My mom stepped in and played with the kids, bought us pizza (saved from a night of cold cereal!), shared a beer with me, bathed kids, got them ready for bed and read stories. She saved my day! And my kids...
I snapped a quick picture before she decided to head home:
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Mama to the Rescue
Thank goodness for moms, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends.... There are days when I just know I can't do it on my own and I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.
I love my mom. She is the best cheerleader (she even says she loves my blog and reads it every day) and friend. Thanks, Moo-moo, we love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh dear, where are the tissues!
Love you guys big as sky!
Moo...
Oh, you literally just made me cry. What a great momma you have! I should add this one to my imaginary "When I'm a Grandma Journal".
Post a Comment