I'm obsessed right now with this camera and all things photography. I'm afraid that Luke is also feeling my obsession. Don't worry, Uncle Bill, I didn't actually let Lukey touch the camera. I'm faster than him... for now!
Welcome home Bill & Kim from Mexico! And thank you, Bill, for the use of your wonderful camera. I had too much fun. I will babysit it anytime you need :) Of course, now I am contemplating my camera situation and wondering if I want to make the jump to digital. I was a purist for so long, but now it seems I need to join the new millennium. Hmmmmm...

Pictures from my house. More Hydrangeas. I hope they will someday look like the ones from Empire Mine.
And if you are sick of leaves or fall color, please scroll quickly. I love this English Ivy that grows on our chimney and spills over too our house (Jerry thinks it is a pest, though.)

So, what do you think? Should we turn this wine barrel into a table? Perhaps an outdoor table? Feel free to leave me your ideas. Jerry suggested a planter, but it seems a waste of a barrel and space to me.
And one last thought... I looked at a lot of fabulous blogs this week and came to the conclusion that I really wasn't born to blog (and I spent too much time "looking.") People are funny and witty and downright insightful. Some blogs have almost no pictures at all and are fabulous. Some are linked on my sidebar and some get so many visitors that they don't really need plugging because it's obscene. I feel like a Dr. Seuss book right now... And some are red and some are blue. Some are big and some are small and some need no plugging at all. And I'm not looking for a sympathy vote here at all. I'm just stating the truth. It's all good. Just a little personal growth happening here... I'm happy with my little corner of creativity.
But "they" say that a picture is worth a thousand words (who is "they" anyways?? I've always wondered...) Anyways, with as many pictures that I have been posting, I guess I have had a lot too say. So, my blog will probably always be a little heavy on photos and light on words. It's just who I am. (Okay, apparently I do have a lot to say.) whatever.
Man, am I in a mood or what?!






2 comments:
I agree with you. The barrel should be used for some decorative idea other than a planter. Your idea for a table is a good one. I really enjoy your pictures. You've got a real talent in that area. Cathy still prefers film but likes the instant access to the pictures via her photo editing software. Anyway, keep up the good work and we'll see you later this month.
Love,
U. Don
ooooh, SO pretty!
Post a Comment