Sunday, December 30, 2007

Back From Hybernation

Grab your beverage of choice... this is a long one!


I'm back. Christmas was nice. Now the craziness is over (well, sort of.) I don't know what it is about this time of year - maybe it's the Christmas lights that are begging me to sit down and finally be still or maybe it's my mind's need to escape, but I often feel the need to read a book right about now. So, I did. A real book. "The Witness" to be exact. It was a book that wouldn't allow me to set it down. But now it is over and I am back to reality. (Boy, I have a lot of laundry to fold!) And a post to write, since I was informed at a certain anniversary party earlier this month that several family members read my blog daily and they are disappointed if there is nothing new. Gee, the pressure! Blog-pressure. (Hi, Nicole, David & Don!!)

Yesterday we drove up to visit friends that we went to grade school and high school with and used to be our neighbors. But now they have packed up and moved to the hills to live the simple life. Their "log cabin" that they built and designed is absolutely amazing. I know that many who know them will love to see pictures and those who don't, will love to see pictures, too. Here's what I got (with our old, stinky camera...) Plus, I was forbidden to take some pictures because they are still moving in and unpacking boxes. I will have to have a follow up this summer :)

They built right on the edge of the American River Canyon and their view is normally breathtaking - too bad for all that fog!

This bear on the fireplace, finally found it's final resting place. For years it graced us with it's presence during out monthly scrap booking nights.


Luke was quite taken with the bear.

It felt like you were in a ski lodge or winter resort (not that I have ever been to either!) But it is quite breathtaking.


*

*

*

*

*

*

The kitchen is really cool. This is the stove they actually use! And the cabinet fronts were designed and are being made by my talented friend, Wendy. The refrigerator and the microwave are located in the pantry. This way there are no signs of the modern kitchen world in sight. Cute, cute, cute.




The three story bunk beds in the "bonus room" is one of my favorite features (and the kids think it's a jungle gym!)




I can't wait to come over for a slumber party! (wink, wink)

Soon this old car will have flowers blooming and a fountain bubbling from it's radiator. You make quite a home, friend. We miss you!!

Happy New Years and be safe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you notice in the first picture, there are windows on 3 diffrent levels. Yes it is a 3 story cabin. And it is also very well done. I actually thought for a moment that I was on the Ponderossa with the Cartwrights! Whens the BBQ Lowerys, I'll bring the brisket!

JD

Anonymous said...

Hey Marjorie!! Nice to see you back in action.
That cabin is pretty amazing-love the oven.

Anonymous said...

Missed you Marjorie! What an incredible place. Looks like it's straight out of a magazine!

Happy New Year!!

Kirstie said...

WOW. . . wow. . . wow (it's still sinking in). I love looking at beautiful homes. Thank you. It's funny, I just visited my parents' remodel and was going to post photos on my blog, but I forgot my dang camera. Next time.

Happy 2008!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming all the way to Michigan Bluff!!The Cabin is a work in progress!Love the Article and You All.
Love-Wendy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin