I'm sure you're all thinking the "big countdown" is the number of days until Christmas. But around our house the real countdown is the number of days Jerry has left in the fire academy. (It's three days, to be exact!) We all miss the days of two days on and four days off. That's the life... The children all miss dad and dad is awfully tired these days. The part of the academy that Jerry was most worried about (the paramedic portion) is done and over and for that, we are very grateful.
It can't be easy going to an academy and basically "sucking it up" for a job you have been doing for 15 years already. I'm so proud of you, Jer! You took one for the team ;) 
Okay, I didn't ask Jerry who was driving here, but I don't think all those cones are supposed to be knocked over!
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
The BIG Countdown
Labels:
B is for Blog Boy,
Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
thanks babay!! You know I want it to be done as much as you, then I can go back to being a slacker firefighter ;-) oh and the cook
PS those are not my cones knocked down. 15 yrs gets you threw that lane with no worries!
just to make it clear the lane that you drive through is 8ft 2 in wide. Most of the apparatus that we are testing with has a 8ft wide wheel span so when you drive through you have an inch on each side. To make it worse you need to do it at 25 mph.
Congrats to Jerry. I used to be a Paramedic and the didactic portion was HARD.
Post a Comment