Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Card Art

Don't throw away those Christmas cards!


For years I have been saving Christmas cards (and not just the photo cards.) I have a problem throwing anything away, but I knew there had to be a way to recycle my Christmas cards into something else beautiful.

Last year I spied some cuteness next door at Molly's house. But I wasn't quite ready to tackle my Christmas card projects along with the rest of the Christmas craziness (and a one year old.) A year later and I felt ready for my personal lesson on recycled Christmas card crafting by my seven year old neighbor. Thanks, Avery! I love the ornament we made and my wreath came out fantastic!

It's quite simple (obviously) if you would like to save this idea for next year. You cut your cards into strips (3/4" or so) and hole punch the ends. Then you use two separate brads for an ornament or one brad to make the flowers for your wreath. Cut out some green leaves, wire it all on to one of those wooden embroidery hoop things (I'm so technical) and voila!


And here's some more cute card recycling. A Christmas gift from Molly. A mod podge Christmas and New Years plaque. I love it. One girl and two boys - just like our pack. (Ours are never quite that dreamy, though.)

Happy 2008 from our house to yours!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you crafty momma! Great idea!!

Molly said...

I'm so glad you posted the wreath, because I certainly didn't get around to it last month. Yours looks great!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! This is a clever idea.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin