Cole is usually quite chatty in the car after preschool. Here is a conversation we had the other day while driving home:
COLE: Hey, mom, we could ask God to come into our hearts and he do. Right?
mama: Right, Cole.
COLE: Yeah, I asked God to come into my heart and he did. Because God's super big, right? He's so big he could fit in every one's heart. Right, mom?
mama: **stunned for a moment** Right, Cole. Did you ask God to come into your heart?
COLE: (short pause) No. Because then I said "God please get out of my heart."
Ahhhhh... from the mouths of babes. I ran inside and wrote it all down so I could remember it forever. Along with many other things that Cole has been saying that I plan to post here someday soon. Some very funny and profound things for a little guy.





5 comments:
HAH! that is too hilarious....
only from the mouth of babes.
lovin' your site colors n' such!
love,
lacy
Sooo cute!
One time my son Cole looked at his thumb and said "God is as big as the universe and as tiny as my thumb nail." I was especially surprised because I never taught him that (having had negative religious experiences growing up, I have failed on that subject). I asked him how he knew that and he said, "I just do."
Kirstie,
Isn't it amazing the thoughts that are in those little minds? I was surprised too because I had never had such conversation with Cole, either. I'm sure he heard it at church - but before this, I wasn't sure he heard anything at church. ;)
~Marjorie
Maybe it is the new big boy Sunday School class. Avery told me he "moved up". He is definitely growing up. So adorable.
Kids say the cutest things! Gosh, I should be writing these down too...
Post a Comment