Uninspired to "blog." This is how I am feeling lately. (Above picture of Luke has nothing to do with this post - other than the paint brushes shoved in his ears is a little how I am feeling.... blah.)
**
If you want to hear my sob story then please keep reading. I want a new digital camera. Some may remember that I have always been a film kind of girl. I have a very nice camera that requires film and processing and all that jazz. Last fall I borrowed my friend's digital camera and was almost instantly hooked. It's a very nice Cannon digital SLR 10D (for those who know or care.) This is, of course, what I would like now.
**
Consider that we really can't afford for me to be buying film and processing my pictures to my hearts content (which means we really can't afford a new camera, either.) I am now using "Grace's camera." Which was our digital camera that was given to me when I worked (before kids.) It is quite old and not satisfying my need for photography. So, this is my dilemma.
**
Now I must figure out a way to be content with what I have (every one's dilemma!) And how to creatively express myself with what I consider less than desirable. Wah, wah, wah... enough about me.
**
So, this is why I am not spending as much time here on my blog. Without photos I am a little bit uninspired. This, too, shall pass. Perhaps I will think of something clever to say.




6 comments:
I say you keep snapping away. I drowned my Mac in water and may have lost all of my pictures! It's always something. Hey, join me in my thirty days of pictures. It might be exactly what you need.
I personally have a horrible time with lighting in my house. My pics never come out the way others do inside. We all have dilemmas. Join me!!
The good news may be that Uncle Sam is sending out checks shortly to jump start the economy. You may be getting a check for over $2000 in the mail! I think you may be clicking again soon.
Ahhh, I know the camera yearning as well. ( I'm not sure about counting on checks from Uncle Sam however.) I have seen some pictures taken with a pin hole camera made out of a cardboard box, and the pictures turned out pretty good.
Beauty (and inspiration) is in the eye of the beholder!
Go buy a new camera, use "free" financing and pay it back when you get your happy economy check in May. Sometimes you have to buy something for yourself...you could always make cards and sell them on Etsy to pay for it. Whatever you are using, your pictures are still excellent.
Is the 35mm SLR you have a Canon? If it is, you could buy just the body (no lens) of a Canon digital SLR and use the lens you already have. If you can find any of the Rebels that are being replaced by the XTIs, you can get a pretty good deal on just the body. We got one for $350.
Yes, I do have a Cannon and that is our plan - to buy a body since we have a lens already. Thanks, anonymous (whoever you are!)
This day is coming sooner than later.... I can't wait!
Post a Comment