A bunch of randomness (is that a word?) to wrap up January. Is anyone else in disbelief that it's February already!? I'm barely over the shock of Christmas. Some big reading milestones for all my babes. Starting with the youngest... Luke finally graduated from Goodnight Moon. A sad and happy moment all at once. My last baby to read Goodnight Moon to.... yet, I am a little tired of reading GNM every night. I convinced him to read Curious George one night and he was hooked. Specifically, Curious George Rides a Bike. He laughs when George rides his bike bronco style and gets very upset when George falls and breaks his bike. It's very cute.
Cole asked the other day when we were driving home what "p-o-t-s" spelled. What he meant was s-t-o-p. And what does p-r-e-s-s spell on his seat belt. I was so surprised and excited by this. I wasn't totally sure that he knew most letters in the alphabet. It's been much more of a struggle with Cole in this area than it was with Grace. But Cole can climb a tree and ride a razor scooter much earlier and with ease. The differences between girls and boys is still amazing me.
And Grace has started to read books on her own! Yippeee..... Many have said that it would just click and not to worry. And it seems the clicking has started. She put so much pressure on herself and wanted to read so bad, it was breaking my heart. Grace assures me that she can only read the "easy books" but I know it's just the beginning. You go girl!
And while there have been some eating struggles, (with Cole) I'm thrilled that all my children are loving salad right now! (I should say lettuce. Salad would require something other that romaine lettuce.) But just like the reading, it's got to s-t-a-r-t somewhere. I bought the 6 pack of romaine lettuce at Costco this week. The challenge is on, baby.
And these apples that have literally hung on through some hair-raising storms lately, amaze me. The house next door is unoccupied right now and this poor apple tree has been neglected. But I love to look out the window and see them still hanging in there. I don't know why. It's just interesting.
Have a great weekend and a fabulous February!
~Marjorie
BTW, I could barely stand to look at pink anymore. I decided to switch to white (like the cool kids) for the time being. bye!




3 comments:
Yay for Grace, Cole and Luke! If you need any help with the lettuce, let me know - I've got lemons and I'm craving salad dressing. Luke and I can take turns licking the bowl.
Love the apple tree pictures. It is very interesting looking!
I love the apples hanging on the tree and I can just imagine the excitement of having a new reader in the house.
Post a Comment