Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Toy Week :: Day 3

So, in thinking about toys and what each child's favorite toy is, I would have to say that Grace's new bike is her favorite "toy." At the ripe old age of 6 (and a half), I would be hard pressed to find a toy in our house that she really loves to play with now. (Unless clothes count!) Since she has got her bike last week, every free moment is spent begging us to go for a bike ride. Luckily, it seems quickly to becoming a favorite pastime for all the children. As you saw yesterday, Luke has taken to riding his bike through the house - quite skillfully I might add. Especially for a bike rider that doesn't know how to use the brakes. He whizzes around at an unnerving speed.

Grace is a cautious rider, though. She reminds me a lot of myself. Always taking the safe route. Perhaps if I'm not sure about riding on this trail along the canal, then I should just walk my bike. Bravo, Grace. That's exactly what I would do!



Luke, on the other hand, sees no danger in this situation. He continually pushes me away and says, "get back, mama." I only quickly took this picture before running back up to him and grabbing a hold of his shirt so I could hopefully pluck him out of the water if need be. Ya, right! If he went in, then so would his bike and so would his mama. It would be an ugly scene.


It's the one toy that all three can agree on right now. And I even think that perhaps Cole is ready to take off those training wheels. That's up to him and daddy, though. You know, I'm a safety girl :)

6 comments:

Molly said...

love that picture of cole!

Anonymous said...

Nothing seems to make a kid happier than their bike.

Anonymous said...

They are a bunch of road warriors right now! Nice post Pie and you even included a favorite movie line of mine!!!

jD

Anonymous said...

Saftey girl...Pretty Woman. I didn't know they'd let bikes be on the track! I'll have to take Evan over there today. He's still nervous to ride without training wheels and a soft surface would be good. We waited too long to take Evan's off and he watched his sister be WAY too cautious when she was learning so then he didn't want to do it. My advice? The sooner the better. Once they get older they start to become more cautious and don't trust their gut. Oh well. Too late to turn back now!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful little trail! My kids would love that!

I think we can all say our kids don't play with a tenth of their toys.

Anonymous said...

I sure wish Makena could learn to petal... Such cute pictures and memories! I can't wait to have them too!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin