Wednesday, May 28, 2008

around the corner


So, it's that time of year... the end of school, graduations, field trips, summer plans, weddings... I can't believe it's already the end of May! Summer is peeking around the corner. Cole graduated from preschool (of course, he'll "graduate" again next year ;) And Grace's last day of school is next week. I'm bracing myself, but I'm not sure that I'm quite ready. In some ways (sick of homework and schedules,) I'm ready. In other ways (like listening to "I'm boooored" or beating the heat,) I'm not ready. Either way, it's coming. And I need a plan - or maybe no plan at all (most likely.) Any suggestions for fun summer activities that won't drive a mama crazy?

OH, and why is May such an expensive month? I thought this last year and it seems to be true again this year. Maybe it has to do with the end of school, graduations, field trips, summer plans, weddings.... I'm noticing a trend here.

Happy May! Enjoy it while it lasts.

5 comments:

Our Green Nest said...

I have realized that too about May...is it b/c it's right after taxes?? Hmmmm...

Anonymous said...

Ditto on all sentiments! I think it's because we're finally in the mood to go out and do things since the weather is nicer. We've spent a bunch on house/yard stuff! I've been swamped with school stuff like field trip money, parties, gifts for teachers. Ugh! I'm making a list of things to do with the kids...or attempting to make a list of cheap summer activities. One year I'll get organized!!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Gosh, this was an expensive month for us too. I do think it's all the activities. Plus a stinkin' trip to Disney World! Doh!

Anonymous said...

Yes, May is an expensive month. Activities; running in the sprinkler, movie, library, make cookies,outdoor toy wash (soap and water keeps kids busy), Christmas in July, let the kids make their own home movie, and make sure you get some time off!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin