Saturday, May 24, 2008

rainy weekend


It rained last night and today... maybe even tomorrow (I didn't check.) And here I thought we were doomed to 100+ degree weather for the next four months with no break to be had. I'm happy that I was wrong! It was a nice break today, and actually the last few days have been cooler (and windy... but let's not talk about that!) We even ventured out for a bike ride in "the court" today. The smell of fresh fallen rain has to be one of my favorite smells. Ahhhh.


I wanted to share a sweet little gift I got in the mail last week from my new friend, Jes, at Kadyhope. I was a little cranky this last week and I can't tell you how this package in the mail just lifted my spirits. "Blog Love" as I've heard it called. Now I get it. All this crazy snail mail of gifting back and forth. Jes sent me a prayer journal, that I love! And these cute, cute, cute button flowers that I admired over on her blog. I haven't figured out a home for them yet, but for now they reside with our treasures on our window sill. Oh, and the nice note she included with my treasures. From someone whom I have never even met in person. So sweet.

Check out her blog - if you like what you see here, there is a lot more where that came from! I am constantly inspired by her fun scrap booking style.




So, back to our rainy day. I decided to clean out the kids art cabinet and Luke decided he needed to glue! I'll be needing to buy some more glue now ;) It's so funny how they want to glue, but don't get the concept of "glue" or what's it's used for at such a young age. I had to keep giving him things to "glue" so we wouldn't just have a big pile of goopy glue on the table (we had that anyways.)

And I can't remember where I heard this idea first, but it's painting outside with water. Genius. Have a fit with a cup of water and paint brushes. Paint everything, it's fine. Of course, I don't think Jerry will be excited to see how the kids painted and "cleaned" our slider to the back deck. But I will gladly clean it for the entertainment that this provided! I had to beg them to come in for dinner and then when they were done they went right back to their painting jobs.

We are making the best of our weekend with daddy at work. Miss you, Jer!

I hope you are having a blessed weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the wind and rain! A nice change, but it also changed our agenda for the weekend. Chris is busy getting cherries off of our first tree before they drop or split and that means I'm getting out the canning jars and pot. And I thought I was going to catch up on some of my stuff! Oh well. Who doesn't like having stained, reddish-brown fingers and nails for a month?

Anonymous said...

I never thought of the painting idea; I'm going to have to try this.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet gift! Oh, we need a break from the heat. It's already hit 100 here. Ick!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin