Sunday, July 20, 2008

his and hers


his and hers, originally uploaded by auburn doll house.

I tried to give up coffee. Mind you, that my coffee is 75% milk and the rest is coffee.

I was unsuccessful.

At the first sign of a mind-splitting headache, I ran to the nearest Starbucks to refuel. It's true. I'm not proud, but it's true.

It makes me mad that it's got a nasty little hold on me. I'm not one to be forced into doing anything, but for now.... I give.

At least I can be comforted that my husband makes great coffee (roasts his own beans) and I have my favorite coffee cups (made by a local artist.) They make me happy, as does my coffee.

The other thing that makes me happy is waiting in bed until Jerry is done making the coffee. hee, hee.

Happy Monday, friends. Enjoy your coffee :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. I'm trying to give up my addictive vises. You see, I was hooked on sf vanilla lattes, but gave them up because of the sugar free syrup I used in them. Now, I put in vanilla extract and stevia. Problem solved! Wait, that means I'm still drinking coffee! I'm up to 50/50 milk coffee. I never drank coffee until I had kids, ever. Do they have caffeine patches? They have them for nicotin. It was SO nice this morning with all of the windows open, coffee brewing, 60 degree temps...nice. Caffeine patches, I'd try 'em.

Lorna said...

Unfortunately, I was in Seattle swilling Starbucks before the rest of the country knew what Starbucks was (and it's not the same as it used to be) and I think it permanently changed my DNA. I love my Java and feel no qualms about it at all. Shameless is what I am.

I still remember when Cindi poured me my first cup of Starbuck's French Roast (anything freeze dried or in can was banned from her presence) and double-shot lattes could be had for 1.50. Ahhh, those were the days!

Weirdly enough, I don't get caffeine withdrawal headaches. So, for me, the worst part of coffee is what it does to the teeth. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

A woman after my own heart. I love coffee!! Chris is more like you...mostly cream but he is addicted as well. Wish I could say we roast our beans or that Chris makes it before I get up. But I can say that he goes to Starbucks to get us some 5/7 days of the week. Is that sad or what...? :-)

Merri

Kirstie said...

Your coffee addiction sounds more like a pleasant routine. . . I say, if it's that nice, it can't be that bad for you.

COFFEE spelled backwards is LOVE!

Christi said...

great photo...i tried quiting diet dr pepper, fell off the wagon and have been enjoying one today! there could be much worse addictions! i like your blog!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin