Thursday, September 18, 2008

Summer Was...

MONSTER TRUCKS!

Now, I never would have thought that I would be posting Monster Trucks here on my little space. And it really doesn't define our summer, but I needed to squeeze our Monster Truck (here forward, I will refer to it as M.T.) experience in because.... well, it's M.T.'s and it's just funny.

I had never been to a M.T./demolition derby before, and I have to admit that I had a bit of a closed mind about the whole event. It's LOUD (really loud) and it's stinky. For probably the first half hour (or more) I was obsessing about my children going deaf from the noise and possible brain damage from the smell of fumes, etc. (As mom's, we really can't help it - even if you don't say it, you know you're thinking these things.)

M.T. events are wonderful for people watching (Grace's favorite pastime.) And believe me, there were some people to be watched! That could be an event in itself.

So, here's the weird thing... the first truck (in the demo. derby) to crash straight into the wall, made me laugh really hard. I don't know why. It was an uncomfortable, you shouldn't laugh when someone crashes a vehicle, yet that's why they are doing this and she seems to be fine, so I don't know what else to do but laugh. I do tend to laugh in uncomfortable situations, though.


All in all, the M.T./derby event was entertaining. Not only for watching the cars and surrounding people, but my children were a sight to see.


And the funniest story of the night came when one of the last demo. derby guys came out and totally went for it. He was the winner and and made a big show of the whole deal and the crowd went wild. So, I look over and there is my Grace standing on her seat and whooping it up with everyone else. so. funny.

Summer was... good times.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at what all I've missed! What great memories. And look at you with your cute sassy hair cut!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that we are big M.T. fans at our house. We have been several times. I think it's a riot... the people, the noise, the crashing...of course the boys love it too, how could they not?

Molly said...

i'll take your word on the M.T. event. love that last picture of grace cheering.

Anonymous said...

We go to this race track near us that has demolition nights, so I know about the people watching. It is fun.

Jenna said...

Hey Marjorie! This is Jenna from Maine. I don't know if you remember me but it has been a long time since I have seen you and Jerry. I see that the kids are getting big. Talk to you later! Love you guys!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin