Monday, October 6, 2008

seasonal baker

It rained this weekend. Pure, heavenly rain. And as the clouds started to roll in, I had this overwhelming urge to bake. (Funny how that is - at least for me!) I made Molly's pumpkin muffins. So yummy. And as an extra bonus... I love anything that puts a dent in my giant bag of whole wheat flour. Oh, and if you make these muffins and live near a Trader Joe's, then substitute the cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg for TJ's pumpkin pie spice (this tip came from Molly - I'm a rule follower when it comes to baking!)

And the boys LOVED them.



I finally had to cut them off! We need to save some for Grace you guys.


Needless to say, they are all gone now. And I anxiously await Trader Joe's to get in their seasonal canned pumpkin. This can was from last year and Jerry thought I would never use it. A little inside joke... Not to worry, Jerry, I put 2 cans on my list for next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

was sunday your b-day? that was maddy's b-day!! well, i hope it was a happy one!
love these sweet pics...and the muffins...yummy. love anything pumpkin.
have a wonderful tuesday, my sweet friend.

Molly said...

gosh dang that trader joe's - they better get some more pumpkin soon or i'm going to revolt. i neeeeeed pumpkin muffins!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin