Thursday, December 18, 2008

number three

My number three turned three this week.

I've been struggling a bit with what to say... My little Luke is at a difficult stage right now. The key word is "stage" because I know this too shall pass. But wow, some days are really hard.

With Luke, the highs are really high and the lows will make a mama break out in a sweat. Who knew that our miracle baby, the happiest baby ever, would have such anger issues. really.


This boy has a mind of his own. And his motto from the beginning has been "I will not be left behind." So, don't even think that because he is younger and smaller that he can't do what everyone else can do.... he can. OR he will throw himself down and have a good cry (read: throw a fit).


I think that someday his determination and grit will take him far. This boy of mine will continue to surprise and amaze me. We love you, Luke! Happy Birthday, big boy.

About this picture -- yes, he is pretending to sleep. funny boy :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday sweet Luke!!!

Patty T said...

Aww, Happy Birthday Lukie! Aunt Patty loves you even when you turn into Pistol Pete! And Marjorie, you handle those moments well and are a great mom. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Luke!

Rick and Terry said...

Yeah, they are not at their best at three. Look at it this way -- this is way better than parental worries over a teenager ~~ I still don't know what goes on in their heads.

Hang in there!

Lorna said...

What a beautifully written post. He's been a little fighter from day one...and yes, it will serve him well. God has blessed him with some tremendous gifts...you just get the fun of "training him up." And you are doing a marvelous job!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin