Monday, December 29, 2008

the train

Jerry's dad bought him this train on his first Christmas (Jerry was 3 months old.) Every year my dear husband takes out his prized train and gets it running. Often there are repairs to be made or adjustments from being packed away with all our Christmas decorations, but I secretly think that's part of his fun.

And now sharing this tradition with his boys is just priceless to watch. They are so excited and respectful for Daddy's train. It was a big deal when the train finally came out for a night of good old fashion fun.

Then Daddy put in "train juice" (as Cole called it) to make the smoke. Train and smoke... now that's fun :)




These are the moments I want to remember....

3 comments:

Patty T said...

Now that's an OLD train! I remember doing the same thing when we were kids! We never had any smoke juice though. I'm sure he blazed through that stuff before I was old enough to remember it. How excited they are! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

My dad had his trains as well. And I remember the old boxes. The smell of it all. The repairs. Good memories you are creating for your little ones!

Rick and Terry said...

M
Great photo. All your boys were totally loving this moment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin