Thursday, January 22, 2009

goodbye sunshine

We had a good run of fantastic weather here (typical California weather.) It tricks us into thinking Spring is here and winter is over.

We played and tromped and ran, pretending that Summer was right around the corner. The kids were even begging to swim!? It's January, I repeated more times than I care to count. winter.

But now we are back to a little reality. Rain. And we need it! So long to the thoughts of swimming and playing outdoors. For at least the next few days...
A little change in our weather is overdue.

Yes, we could really use some rain. Change is good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are having the exact same type of weather... minus the rain. We are in drought conditions in these parts so if you don't mind sending over some of that rain.

The weather does trick you. Feels like spring. Until Saturday! Then spring again next week. Crazy. You'd think I'd get used to it living here my entire life.

Lorna said...

I'm glad to see that weather gone...it's just wrong, I say, wrong! I want winter when it's supposed to be winter.

Doesn't everybody? hehehe!

Rick and Terry said...

Well, things on the East Coast are certainly much different these days as we just got a fresh batch of the white stuff (a little over a foot this time).

Keep those warm pictures coming :)

Alisha said...

Every time we drive past the aquatic center Davin asks when we can go to swimming lessons. And if it happens to be warmish, say, 68 degrees, they boys want to swim, too. Our rule is 85 degrees. (Mostly because there's no way mom and dad want to get wet if it isn't 85 degrees!) Jared will frequently ask, "Mom, is it 85 degrees?"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin