I made something!! This has been my brain child for nearly a year. I had this idea to "scrap book" a page on canvas to hang in Grace's room.
But for now, I'm pretty happy with "Friends." And that I finished it!! Seriously, I never finish anything. I don't know why. I have a lot of scrap books that I've started - but I never finish. Two hats in my crochet bag that I haven't finished. Two finger puppets... a baby gift... Many "self help" type of books that I never read the last chapter. weird. I'm not sure why I do this, but "Friends" is finished and hanging up! (That would have been typical of me to finish and not hang it up.)I used photos, cute paper, ribbon, buttons and even permanent marker for this project. And Liquitex, lots and lots of Matte Gel, Liquitex. (It's like Mod Podge ((which is more fun to say)), but my friend Jes recommended it for this project.) Jes, at Kady Hope was a big inspiration in this project as was Sara's Art House. Both are blogs that I love for crafty inspiration. Check them out - great stuff on their sites! And Jes also encouraged me to just get started and stop thinking about it so much. Good advice.
Now Grace is asking when we are going to start the other two. Those just might not get finished or started! (I might break my record if I do...)
Of course, if I ever want to get rid of this:
Then maybe I should start and finish them. Yes, that is a great idea.




6 comments:
LOVE IT!!!!
Great job, Friend!
Hope you're doing well. :)
xo
what a great idea!
I LOVE it!!!! What a great idea!!! Seriously, she will keep it forever. And I love Jes' advice! Yes-- just do it!!! And it worked :)
Love it!!! Jealous cause I am not that creative. I am working on it.
Looks great! Great idea. PT
Don't let Kristin fool you -- I saw her put together a srcap photo frame for her mom. She's got the goods for creativity.
XO
Post a Comment