First things first... Grace is good. It was one long week, but we are back to the land of the living!
***********************
And I'm all over the place on this next one, try to stick with me...
So, earlier this year I gave in to the time vacuum that is also known as Facebook. I figured it would be a waste of time (and for the most part it is.) BUT (you knew that was coming) it has also been a blessing that I didn't expect. Mostly in connecting with old friends that I didn't even know I wanted to connect with. Go figure.
Recently, a friend and I were talking about "friends" and meeting new friends... finding that perfect friend. We are wonderful friends in spite of our differences. We agree to disagree on some things and on the other hand, I've learned so much from my crafty friend. I know God has placed her in my life for many reasons.
I've even prayed for certain friends that I need in my life. I don't want to say that God is on Facebook, but he does work in mysterious ways ;) He is everywhere.
Tonight we invited an old friend of mine (we re-connected on Facebook, aka "FB") over for dinner at the last minute. I actually found out via FB that she was home alone with the kids and decided to extent a last minute invitation. It worked out beautifully. She came and enjoyed some adult conversation and the kids had a great time. Being a world class procrastinator, this sort of thing if right up my ally. I love spontaneous plans!
After my friend and her two sweet girls left, I randomly picked up a small devotional book that I have called Bouquet of Blessings. I opened it up and read this:
"God has uniquely designed each person he has brought into your life. Some bring balance, while others infuse vibrancy, bring focus with pizzazz, or fill in empty spaces with simplicity. Together, you make a brilliant bouquet. Each person comes to you, intended as a blessing from your Lord."
Wow, how perfect was that? This past year, it seems that God has been talking to me about relationships. I love the visual of a bouquet of friends. (Perfect timing for May Day.) I feel so blessed to have a bouquet of friends that has added something new and wonderful to my life. Thank you for your friendship.
Friday, May 1, 2009
a bouquet of friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Glad Grace is feeling better. We were hoping to do softball today and was going to see if you guys were going to the carnival at your school. Our game was up there at 10am. The rain had a different agenda I guess! Love the devotional. Great concept!
what a wonderful post! i love the analogy of the bouquet - it's so true. so glad to have you in my vase, and i'm blessed to be in yours.
Beautiful!! It says everything I feel perfectly!! God Bless you, today, Missy!!
Love that visual! So true!!! each friend is such a blessing and brings an added beauty to the "bouqet of friendship"!
So..... what type of flower are you?
Terry, perhaps a rose -- with lots of layers :~)
Post a Comment