Monday, September 14, 2009

monkey meltdowns

Craft Hope and the sock monkeys arriving at my home are in full swing! 100+ monkeys and counting.

When the monkeys first started to show up, my three year old, Luke, wanted every sock monkey that came out of a package. There were tears and pleas for a monkey - especially for the monkey with the "mean eyes." He loved that one best. This was about a weeks time that I called 'Monkey Meltdowns.' Thankfully the monkey meltdowns seemed to have stopped and a certain auntie has promised to make Luke one for his birthday (if he can wait that long.)

Luke *hearts* sock monkeys

I think I finally put a stop to the crying and pleading when one day I washed him up and let him count the monkeys on my bed. And cover them with blankets. And, and, and... they are loved before they are even officially adopted. Luke is a wonderful foster parent. He gets so excited when we get packages. "Sock monkeys," he yells.

I've explained many times who the sock monkeys are for. He somehow translated it into "kids who got burned camping." Not sure where the camping part came into it, but close enough.

The children at the Little Heroes Preschool Burn Camp will LOVE these sock monkeys. They are the cutest bunch of little monkeys you have ever seen!! Bravo to a lot of talented and gifted women.

5 comments:

Jade said...

Awww... I love that Luke is able to help you!

sara said...

LOVE the monkeys! How cute!!!

Patty T said...

You'll have to take a picture of the "mean" monkey so I can try to duplicate it for him. That's too cute! Are you guys going to send them with adoption certificates?

Jessica said...

Look at all that love! The sock monkeys turned out great!!!

cagio said...

This is super cool - I've seen the pics come into flickr but had not made it over to your blog to read about it.

Such kindness! Crafting for good is such a win-win. Very nice!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin