Thursday, March 4, 2010

gathered around

This fall we made a small, but big change in our home.  My mama found a screaming deal on a wood stove that someone was selling at her work.  We've been thinking about this addition to our home for some time, but we drug our feet for many reasons....

It's a small change because it's just a wood burning stove.  On the other hand, it's a big change because I never knew what comfort and joy it would bring to our home.  We've had plenty of cold weather to enjoy the comforts of our new found heat.  The thing I love more than anything is that it's a place to gather.  So many times I will find Luke laying in front of the fire playing alone.  Nights can find us reading, playing checkers, putting puzzles together and sometimes even folding laundry.  In the morning Jerry and I sit by the fire with our coffee in hand and enjoy each other's company.  It sounds corny, but actually it's wonderful.

I took these shots in the fall with intentions of sharing, but I guess I was too busy enjoying the fire to take the time to blog about it.  The world outside is in full bloom, but it's still cold for now - more days than not we still gather around this area.  Until the heat really sets in, you know where we'll be...


2 comments:

Jessica said...

I dream of the day my home has a wood burning stove--the comforting smell of the fire and that warmth is enough to make my day!

Patty T said...

Wood burning is so comforting! I just wish ours didn't allow most of the heat to go up the chimney! Goodness knows we have enough downed wood sitting around! Fun memories for you all!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin