Sunday, December 16, 2007

Happy Birthday, Number Three!


Happy, happy 2nd birthday to my little muffin, Lukey!! This little guy was a gift from God, to say the least. Anyone who has been reading here a little while knows that Luke is a handful. He is also a blessing.
When I was pregnant, they discovered that Luke's kidney's were enlarged and we were told, basically, that his future was uncertain. He might not make it or possible surgery or it could just correct itself. The doctors couldn't even tell us exactly what the problem was until after he was born. Those months of tests and monitoring when I was pregnant were full of tears and heart wrenching pleas to God that He would save this baby. This experience drew me closer to God and I did have a certain peace that whatever happened, was God's will.


During my c-section, the doctor told me that my uterus was so thin that it was a miracle that my uterus didn't rupture during my pregnancy. She said that they weren't sure what they were looking at (at first) because it was so thin. Applying the brakes too hard in my car or the jarring of walking up and down stairs was all it would have taken. Thinking back to all the up and down the stairs to the playroom, I know it was nothing short of a miracle that brought Luke into our lives.
Luke's due date was Christmas. Of course, with a scheduled c-section, Luke was planned to come a couple weeks sooner. This baby was clearly a gift from God and with his birthday so close to Christmas, what better suited name than Luke. Luke, the book in the bible that tells the CHRISTmas story so well.

In August (Luke's most recent testing) we were told that one kidney was completely normal and the other side had begun to heal itself. Praise God. (Go here to read the whole medical story, written only as Jerry could tell the story.)

Happy birthday, baby.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Luke. Your mom and dad are great.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Luke!!!! What a gorgeous baby he is

APRIL said...

God Bless you Luke and Marjorie! Praise God for all of His healing! i think this is the best CHRISTmas story I've heard this year1 Thanks for sharing!

Happy Birthday Luke!

Molly said...

Happy Birthday Lukey! I remember holding you for the first time in front of your Christmas tree. Can't wait to celebrate!

Kirstie said...

Happy Birthday Luke. What a cutey! I had no ideal what a difficult time all of you have had. Thank you for sharing, that brought big tears to my eyes!
Kirstie

p.s. - I saw you guys driving down the road the other day but didn't realize it was you until I caught a glimpse of Luke in his car seat staring out the window. Ahhhh, so cute.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Luke! What a true Christmas miracle and blessing he is. Thanks for sharing your story. I've got a similar one with Makena that I'll share sometime.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin